The 14500 battery is the rechargeable version of a cylindrical li-ion cell with a length of 49.2mm and a diameter of 13.5mm. They typically feature a voltage of 3.6V or 3.7V, a button-top connector, and employ LiCoO2 (lithium carbon-oxide) ICR chemistry. While some have built-in USB charging connectors, the majority of 14500 batteries may be recharged using.14500 batteries are a cost-effective and ecologically beneficial alternative to incompatible disposable batteries.
While 14500 batteries have the same overall size, their voltages are markedly varied owing to various chemistries. 14500 cells may additionally have PTC or other protective mechanisms, which may extend their total length. Wholesale companies purchase large quantities of items directly from manufacturers or distributors and resell them to other firms. 14500 batteries provide cost-effective and environmentally beneficial alternatives to disposable AA batteries incompatible products.
More information about 14500 batteries may be found here. The lithium 14500 battery is a rechargeable lithium battery that can survive many charging/discharging cycles while still providing reasonably high currents. Lithium 14500 batteries are often used in high-drain devices such as flashlights, cameras, medical and security equipment, etc.
14500 batteries employ lithium-ion chemistry, have a nominal voltage of 3.6/3.7V, and are rechargeable. They are only sometimes an appropriate alternative for AAs because of their greater voltage. Check the user manual for your device’s battery compatibility.
The Benefits of a 14500 Lithium Battery
The 14500 lithium battery offers five distinct benefits over any aa-size alkaline NiMH battery.
The durability of the battery
- Compared to throwaway alkaline batteries, 14500 batteries have a longer service life. If the battery is charged sensibly, it can be recharged more than 500 times. It is environmentally friendly.
- This battery has almost three times the voltage of any AA NiMH rechargeable battery, making it excellent for remote-controlled toys and flashlights.
Rate of self-discharge
- It has a low self-discharge rate of around 3% per month, which is less than half that of alkaline batteries.
Problems with memory effects
- There are no memory effects with the lithium-ion battery. As a result, it may be charged at any moment without impacting its usable capacity.
- A built-in safety circuit addresses overcharging, over-discharging, and short-circuit concerns in the protected 14500 battery.
- It might get abnormally hot when using a 14500 battery in a flashlight. Even though many flashlights contain protection mechanisms against extreme heat, caution is urged in such a scenario. Ensure the equipment you’re powering can take voltages greater than 1.5, or the additional power might cause permanent harm.
14500 battery is used
The 14500 lithium battery is mainly used in tiny flashlights as an efficient replacement for disposable alkaline batteries. These batteries are also used in hearing aids, EKG monitors, medical devices, tollgate systems, utility metering, security devices, alarms, professional electronic equipment, automated meter reading, utility metering, and memory backup systems, among other things.
The 14500 battery is commonly used in a variety of electrical devices. The most crucial consideration when selecting a battery is its compatibility with your device. 14500 batteries are available from wholesale companies. It would help if you also got batteries from a reputable provider for maximum durability and life cycle.